Terms & conditions
UMDAA Health Care private limited is a registered company with office address at 8-1- 21/146, Surya Nagar Colony, Rethibowli, Tolichowki, Hyderabad, 500008. UMDAA Health Care is a platform for the doctors, Health Care providers, practioners, citizens, patients, their acquaintances. UMDAA Health Care is determined to better the quality of the Health Care ecosystem. We value your partnership in our journey for a better and healthy planet in the coming times. UMDAA Health Care private limited (UMDAA, us, we, our, company which also includes its affiliates) is the sole author and publisher of the internet resource www.umdaa.co and its mobile application both for the Health Care practitioners and for the citizens and health related videos posted in the social media like Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, WhatsApp etc. These offerings are hereby called as the “Health Care services”. We are committed to uphold the dignity of each and every user on Health Care and shall pay the utmost sincerity and attention in safeguarding and protecting the personal information of our users to the best possible extent in our capabilities.
The “users” of the Health Care services are here citizens using our services, citizens who visit our services without using them, citizens whose information is given by their acquaintances, health care practitioners who deliver the Health Care.
Collecting of personal information:
The kinds of information that we collect about you include but are not limited to the following:
- Citizen/patient/caregiver/doctor/health care professional/ Health Care providers name,
- Birth date/age
- Address (including country and pin/postal code),
- Location information, including your GPS location,
- Phone number/mobile number,
- Email address,
- Language of preference
- Source of knowledge about doctor or Health Care provider.
- Vital signs, symptoms, habits, history, physical, physiological and mental health condition, social and financial information provided by you and/or your health care professional or accessible from your medical records,
- Old reports of personal medical records and history
- Clinical images, audio files and video files
- Health record information of your acquaintances or family members which you voluntarily store in UMDAA health services
- Financial information at time of purchase of product/services and/or online payment,
- Login id and password,
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter,
- Records of interaction with our representatives
- Your usage details such as time, frequency, duration and pattern of use, features used and the amount of storage used,
- The type of health related topic and content consumed and shared and commented by you.
- Your registrations, online bookings, SMS, chats with your Health Care providers and video consultations if done.
- The investigation that you underwent and the medications you use and their compliances, side effects if any, costs etc.
- Your day to day or progressive health related and other information
- Master and transaction data and other data stored in your user account,
- Internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring url, files accessed, errors generated, time zone, operating system and other visitor details collected in our log files.
- User’s tracking information such as, but not limited to the device id, google advertising id and android id
- Any other information that is willingly shared by you (collectively referred to as “information- personal, sensitive personal and other information related to you”).
Method of personal information collection:
UMDAA Health Care collects your information (personal, professional, financial, behavioral, social, sensitive personal, medical) by the following methods but are not just limited to the following:
- When you register with UMDAA website or application.
- When you visit our website or channels including the social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, WhatsApp or YouTube channel.
- When you share your information to us in the UMDAA Health Care ecosystem for availing different services by UMDAA.
- When you use the different services provided by UMDAA health care.
- When your acquaintance (relative, friend, employer etc.) Shares your information in UMDAA Health Care in different services like the website, mobile application or in social media channels.
- When your Health Care provider (practitioner's, doctor, nurse or other health care provider) gives us your information in the UMDAA Health Care services.
- When you use the payment portals for availing the UMDAA Health Care services.
- When you allow your device to access the camera, contact list etc.
- When you accept cookies
Usage of information (personal, sensitive personal, financial, medical, social, behavioral)
UMDAA uses your information for different purposes but are not just limited to the following:
- To understand customer or user choices for delivering better services
- To improve our platforms like website and mobile applications
- To understand the disease pattern, risk factors, demographic associations of diseases.
- To understand the data based inference of the prevalence of the symptoms, presentations, complications of the diseases.
- To understand the efficacy of medications on the outcome of the different aspects of the diseases
- To have an insight into the required investigations on the type of symptoms, and its patterns and how investigations help in diagnosing better.
- To have an insight on the side effects of the medications, its cost and social economic factors in diseases more so in the chronic diseases.
- To understand the financial and social behaviour regarding different aspects of health.
- To do research of reducing the morbidity and mortality of the different disease conditions.
- To understand our costing so that we improve
- To understand the marketing aspects including promoting and advertising of the contents in our portals
- To contact you regarding the aspects of your health like appointment bookings, availability of reports, pharmaceuticals, health related contents, promotional materials, vaccination schedules, review for check-ups by SMS, app notifications, emails, WhatsApp, social media, third party communication services, phones etc.
- To transfer and share information if we are merged or acquired by other company or along with other third party partners or service providers for analyzing the information to get good business intelligence, health and medical intelligence and behavioral intelligence so that we can use it for bettering our services as well as to sell the aggregated non personalized information from this analysis to third parties or affiliates.
- For legal purposes if required according to the law of the land.
- To protect ourselves legally and to take action legally against miscreants and other claims. To respond to the subpoenas and legal notices, court orders, government orders accordingly
- For building up the profile of the users (doctors, health care providers, citizens, their acquaintances) in the website or the mobile application.
- To share partial or complete information with our business partners so that they can help us to deliver the goals and services in the best interest of both the users and UMDAA Health Care.
- You acknowledge that, if partial or complete personal information of you is used in inappropriate manner by one or more of your Health Care providers or practitioner's, the liability of such misuse is purely with your Health Care providers and UMDAA is not directly or indirectly responsible nor legally liable in such a situation.
- UMDAA direct the Health Care professionals to follow all the protocols for usage of your personal information including taking your written consent for the objective they are intended to use and if it is acceptable to you and within the frame work of the ethical committee and law of the land.
- UMDAA also directs the Health Care professionals and providers to maintain the decorum of the patient and doctor’s relationship (including other Health Care provider and professionals).
- UMDAA encourages to understand the legal aspects and advice the Health Care providers or doctors or Health Care professionals to use the medications of their training according to the directions of the medical and dental council and the law.
- UMDAA also alerts the short comings to Health Care providers of limitations of giving the advice by email or SMS or video consult without personal physical examinations.
- UMDAA also alerts and encourages the Health Care professionals to be fully aware of the laws of tele-medicine and be cautious about prescribing the medicines without proper personal physical examination depending upon the country in which you practice.
- UMDAA also encourages and emphasized the citizens the importance of personal physical visit to Health Care professional.
- UMDAA leaves to the discretion and using wisdom by the Health Care professionals in advising during emergency situations or other situations without physical examination.
- The health information published in UMDAA is given by the experts in the field and with proper references.
- We encourage evidence based medicine but also take the advantage of the experience and wisdom of the doctors regarding health related topics.
In the above mentioned scenarios though not limited where in the users acknowledge that UMDAA is just a medium of platform for doctor and patient relationship and any personal or financial loss or side effects of medications or investigations or racial abuse or personal physical attack or sexual advances or emotional insult or social loss or mental agony are by miscreants and UMDAA is not legally liable in such a situation.
Sharing and transferring of user’s personal information:
These are the few conditions in which we share, exchange and transfer your personal information but are not limited to the following only.
The information which includes your personal information, sensitive personal information, medical and health related information, financial, behavioural, demographic, socio economic, acquaintances, social media interaction and other information that we collect is what is called in to as information.
For providing better services to you if your Health Care provider/ we can share or transfer your information predominantly the demographic and health or medical information with the other Health Care providers for better diagnosing and treating you.
Your health care provider / we can share or transfer your information for the research purpose or epidemiological purpose to understand the disease patterns and its expression, the responses of different treatment aspects for better results of you as well as people having similar health related conditions or society or humanity in general.
We can share / transfer your information with our partners, affiliates, employees, third party service providers, who help us to understand different aspects of the demography, habits, health, behaviour, financial aspects and other predictable or unpredictable aspects for understanding health in totality. Such information is used by us for understanding the health ecosystem for betterment of UMDAA as well as you.
You acknowledge that in case where the information is required by the courts, law, government, then we are obliged to follow the rule of the land and has to share, disclose and transfer the information. This information may be partial or complete including your personal information, sensitive information, financial information, sociol economic, demographic as well as behavioral information. Such type of information is generally asked by the government or the courts in case of verification of identity or for prevention, investigation or prosecution and punishment of some miscreants or sometimes if the personal and medical information helps to prevent or curtail endemic or epidemic or communicable diseases or a few non communicable diseases. If the rule of the land directs us to do so in which ever the country it is, we are obliged to follow it. You understand these aspects / conditions of sharing, disclosing and transferring your information including sensitive information whether partial or complete and henceforth consenting for it.
Publishing of information:
You acknowledge and give full voluntary information to your Health Care provider or doctor or UMDAA to use your information either partially or totally and publish your information according to the norms of the ethical committee of the appropriate body authorized for it. These publications are generally done in the scientific community to share and increase knowledge of different aspects of the health. Sometimes this information may carry your images and the video but sensitive personal and identification aspects will be hidden by us if we publish in the public forum. You acknowledge this aspect and give us full voluntary consent for the same.
Write/ draw/take images/ take video/ read/ modify/ delete information or data in relation to the application or website on your device’s storage either within the device or the server.
View and access information regarding the networks, their type and their accessibility and band width. These networks and their accessibility is used to send and receive information.
Determine your approximate location from sources like but not limited to mobile towers and the Wi-Fi networks or phone or device location if sim card is used. Even exact location is determined from sources like GPS and others
Viewing and also accessing the device information like IMEI number, operating system information, phone number as the model number of your device.
Such access of the device, location and network helps us to better provide services including sending as well as pushing of the notifications and updates of the services etc.
Cookies are small pieces of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. By accepting and setting a cookie on your browser, you may not have to login the password more than once there by saving time and effort. You acknowledge that we may store temporary or permanent cookies. You may configure your browser to alert you when we attempt to send you a cookie. Whether to accept cookie or not is up to you. If you do not accept it, you may not be able to access and use certain features of the website or applications.
Security of personal information:
UMDAA is committed to provide good platform to users (both the Health Care providers and the citizens). One of the features of most importance to us is the data security regarding the information of the users which may be general personal information or sensitive information, information regarding the family members, financial, socio economic, health and behaviour related information. We have adopted the reasonable levels of security check to safeguard your information. Multiple checks are in place. Like login with passwords, encryption of data, disclosing only the required features or information to the affiliates or the partners or third party facilitators and safe methods to transfer the information. You agree and acknowledge that these measures are adequate and secure enough.
Though our intentions and commitments are true to safeguard your information to the best possible extent that we can do depending upon our limitations by adopting the reasonable and appropriate steps to prevent transgressors accessing the information. You acknowledge that internet is not fool proof. There are so many hackers trying to hack the information. So we will not be able to give you absolute surety and assurance of protecting your information.
You acknowledge that your information is easily accessed by the people whom you give access like your employer, your relative or acquaintances who registers and books your appointments, your acquaintances who also maintain your information as well as the doctors and Health Care providers whom you or your care takers or Health Care providers share information. In case you are a secondary user or you could have given access either directly or indirectly to other your acquaintances or health care providers to access your information both personal, health related and sensitive information, in such scenario the primary users or your acquaintances or Health Care providers who access your information may be a source from where your information may be leaked. In such a scenario you acknowledge that UMDAA Health Care is not liable nor in any way responsible for disclosure or loss or leakage of your personal information.
Regarding third party links:
Updating your information:
In case you need to update your personal information you can contact our greivancecaretaker@UMDAA.co to update it along with the reason for updating. You can also contact in case you find the information is incorrect or not properly processed from our end. Our caretaker will look into the aspects and do all appropriate steps to update in reasonable period of time.
Compliance with laws:
Term of storage of personal information:
You acknowledge that the personal information given by you, the clinical information, both general and sensitive information is stored by the UMDAA Health Care private limited by adopting a reasonable security practices and procedures. The time and duration of storage of the information will be for about 1 year in case of the citizen’s application and for about 3 years in case of the doctor’s application from the date of un-subscription. In case some of the subscribers tend to discontinue the subscription, their information is no more maintained for usage by the users after the stipulated time period. UMDAA Health Care may store information for the internal analysis of different clinical, socio economic, financial and behavioural analysis of the information of such users.
Contacting us for grievances/ others:
UMDAA Health Care has a grievances care taker to take care of any grievances regarding processing of the personal information. If such is the case, you are requested to write to our grievance care taker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our employee will attempt to resolve your grievances in a timely manner as soon as possible.